How to check the next execution date of an Airflow DAG
As far as I know, there is no way to check the next execution date in the Airflow web interface. It may be possible if you make some customizations of your Airflow instance or use a plugin.
If you are quite desperate, you may try to copy the cron expression to https://crontab.guru/ and check the execution date using that website.
In this article, I will use something way simpler. All we need is the airflow command-line interface.
We have to copy the DAG id and use the
next_execution command like this:
1 airflow next_execution dag_id
In the output, we are going to get the next execution date.
Parsing machine learning logs with Ahana, a managed Presto service, and Cube, a headless BI solution
Check out my article published on the Cube.dev blog!
You may also like
- Use HttpSensor to pause an Airflow DAG until a website is available
- Send a Slack message from an Airflow DAG
- How to delay an Airflow DAG until a given hour using the DateTimeSensor
- How to add a manual step to an Airflow DAG using the JiraOperator
- Dependencies between DAGs: How to wait until another DAG finishes in Airflow?
- Data/MLOps engineer by day
- DevRel/copywriter by night
- Python and data engineering trainer
- Conference speaker
- Contributed a chapter to the book "97 Things Every Data Engineer Should Know"
- Twitter: @mikulskibartosz